[Vision2020] 7-25-2011: Gold hits fresh record high at $1, 623.49/oz overnight

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 11:31:24 PDT 2011

Schou is arguing, if I understand correctly, that gold is not a
commodity like many others, with "intrinsic worth."

He offers examples of investments he considers more wise than gold,
pork bellies or molybdenum, and states "The problem is that the
underlying belief leading people to purchase gold is false: it does
not have intrinsic worth."

I was merely pointing out the fact, which Schou did not refute, that
investing in gold in 2008 and selling now in 2011, would give a "nice
return."  I was not giving advice on current best investment
options... Gold price could collapse next month, for all I know...

Schou wrote:

"Instead of being in a market where the price is determined by a herd
of panicked, mattress-stuffing idiots, ..."

If money can be made off a herd of panicked idiots, some will jump at
the chance and laugh all the way to the bank...

The examples in history are too numerous to bother listing...
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett