[Vision2020] State Sen. McGee Pleads Guilty to DUI in Deal with Prosecutor

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 2 23:04:31 PDT 2011

I disagree Tom. Just because the state brings a felony charge doesn't mean a felony was committed.

I think this was overcharging from the beginning. The state had to prove an intent to permanently deprive the owners of their vehicle, and I don't think they were ever going to prove that.

If someone intends to permanently deprive someone, they do more than pass out in the vehicle.

He didn't get away with a felony.

Sunil