[Vision2020] that Jared guy and mental health

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 29 12:33:16 PST 2011

Well then, I don't know what you're trying to say. You seem to be connecting mental health with gun ownership, which I think is reasonable.

But you're also saying you don't think people should lose the right to possess firearms.

But then you do hold a major grudge against ownership of automatic and semi-automatic firearms.

>From what you've written, I don't know where you come down in the end. I too am against the irresponsible use of firearms. How do we make that happen?

I think some people should not have the legal right to own firearms. I don't have a problem with the law saying certain felons should not have them, though I want people to have the ability to come back to court and demonstrate they've earned the right again. I think it's reasonable to say that people who are diagnosed with mental illnesses can lose the right to own firearms. So I don't think the right is absolute.

So that's where I am. I didn't ask the question to make you angry, though your use of capitals at the end of your reply suggests I failed.

Sunil