[Vision2020] that Jared guy and mental health

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Jan 29 11:01:02 PST 2011

Sunil inquired:

"At what point do you propose people should lose the right to possess
firearms?"

NEVER, Sunil.

I never have, and never will, even suggested/implied/mumbled that people
should be denied their second amendment rights to possess firearms
(although I do hold a major grudge against ownership of automatic and
semi-alutomatic firearms).  However, I do support RESPONSIBLE
possession/use of firearms.  I don't know how many times i have
suggested/encourage/demanded responsible possession/use of firearms.

In this particular instance (Laughner), responsible use of firearms goes
hand-in-hand with mental health.

With the proliferation of public access to semi-automatic (in some cases .
. . automatic) weapons, coupled with the reduction of health and welfare
funding (which includes mental health care) in the state of Idaho, the
question is no longer "if" there will be another Laughner, but "when".

I, myself, own a couple shotguns; a Benelli 12-guage pump shotgun, as well
as a Savage 410/.22 over-under single shot that my grandfather gave to me
as a kid (this gun is ancient).

So, you see, Sunil.  I am NOT against ownership of weapons, just the
irresponsible possession/use and/or ownership of sutomatic/semi-automatic
weapons.

OK?

Sidebar, V-peeps:  Does anybody know of a good/reliable gunsmith that can
help me out?

The Savage 410/.22 has a broken retaining spring that secures the handgrip
to the barrel and upper receiver group.

http://www.TomandRodna.com/Rifle.htm

The retaining spring was broken (and lost) about 30 years ago.