[Vision2020] that Jared guy and mental health

Rosemary Huskey donaldrose at cpcinternet.com
Fri Jan 28 09:24:02 PST 2011

An interesting background explanation (written with lay people like me in
mind) of the second amendment can be found at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitut
ion. Untreated mentally ill people are found in all cultures/societies.  I
don't think that Dan meant to leave the impression that he believes  the
"freedom" to own guns was the root cause of the tragedy in Phoenix.
However, it does seem likely that the ease with which innocent people can be
shot, rests entirely on the availability of guns in this country.  I am a
gun owner, and I am disgusted beyond measure by the NRA's "control" over
legislators.  What kind of  unfathomable jackass would trade unlimited
access to guns and bullets for campaign support?  It is astonishing to me
how gun rights issues makes super, constitution-loving patriots out of folks
who couldn't intelligently articulate any other section or amendment in the
constitution. Does anyone know how many gun owners - protecting their lives
(not their property which, frankly should not be on par with bodily harm) -
against the villains among us, occur each day?  How does that number compare
to the number of accidental deaths  or gun related murders?  And, while the
vicious rhetoric spewing from Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, and
their remarkably stupid and ill-informed female counterpoints, of yeah, I
mean Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann,  and  the profoundly confused Virginia
Foxx - may not drive relatively mentally healthy person to become killers,
those struggling with significant mental illness (with components of severe
paranoia) may, in some degree, be encouraged by these predatory agitators.

Rose Huskey