[Vision2020] Michele Bachmann Proposes “Don’t Add, Don’t Spell”

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Jan 26 12:20:19 PST 2011

Courtesy of the Borowitz Report at:

http://www.borowitzreport.com/

Michele Bachmann Proposes “Don’t Add, Don’t Spell”
Reflects Core Tea Party Values, Says Minn. Lawmaker

MINNEAPOLIS (The Borowitz Report) – In her official Tea Party response to
President Obama’s State of the Union Address, Rep. Michele Bachmann
(R-Minn.) offered a bold new policy initiative she called “Don’t Add,
Don’t Spell.”

Rep. Bachmann called the proposal “a reflection of core Tea Party values”
and said it would  “deliver the American people from the tyranny of
arithmetic, spelling, and punctuation.”

In addition to “Don’t Add, Don’t Spell,” Rep. Bachmann suggested slashing
the Federal budget by eliminating nine of the first ten Amendments to the
Constitution.

“I think you know which one I’d keep,” she chuckled, miming a Western
gunslinger with her index fingers.

Rep. Bachmann’s odd onscreen appearance, in which she seemed to be staring
off-camera for the duration of her speech, was initially blamed on “a
squirrel that got into the studio and distracted her,” said one Tea Party
official.

But the Minnesota congresswoman offered her own explanation: “I was
looking off to one side because I was trying to read off Sarah Palin’s
hand.”

In Washington, House Speaker John Boehner held a press conference after
the President’s speech to declare, “This infernal week of civility is
officially over.”

“The American people owe its representatives a huge debt of thanks,” Mr.
Boehner added.  “Tonight, each of us made the ultimate sacrifice any
American can ever be called upon to make: sitting next to a person we
despise.”

Seeya round town, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown