[Vision2020] MPD Press release

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Wed Jan 26 11:52:03 PST 2011

PRESS RELEASE
Title:  Vehicle Burglaries

January 26, 2011 - Over the last couple of days the Moscow Police Department has taken over 30 reports for vehicle burglaries.  These burglaries have taken place throughout the city.  It appears that the suspect(s) are targeting unlocked vehicles and taking any items left in the vehicle.

As a reminder, vehicle burglaries are usually a crime of opportunity.  To avoid being a victim, please take a moment and ensure your vehicle is locked and that all valuable items are taken out of the vehicle, put in the trunk or placed out of sight.

The Moscow Police Department is asking anyone with information related to these burglaries or if anyone has observed any suspicious individual(s) in your neighborhood please call 882-COPS (2677) or our anonymous tip hotline at 892-3898.

###

Story Contact: David Duke, Police Chief
Phone: 208.883.7059
Email: dduke at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:dduke at ci.moscow.id.us>

The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources. We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of community.