[Vision2020] Felons Among Us

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Sat Jan 22 10:37:35 PST 2011

On Saturday 22 January 2011 10:22:17 Kenneth Marcy wrote:
> http://www.felonspy.com/search.html
>
> Enter an address (exact or approximate), a city, choose a state, click
> search.
>
> Move your mouse pointer from red icon to red icon to see details.
>
> Move your mouse away from icons, hold down the primary mouse button, and
> drag the map in some direction. If there are no icons there, enter another
> address in that area. Click Search again.
>
> I was under the impression that only data for sexual predator convictions
> was available to the public because of the continuing threat to the
> public. These violations include convictions other than sexual predation.
>
> I have not investigated the source(s), quality, or completeness of the data
> underlying this web site; I didn't know it existed before today's e-mail.

Sorry for the noise. The link above is a hoax.

I should have trusted my instincts more than I did a few minutes ago when I
sent the felonspy link above. Here is what snopes.com has to say about it:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/felonspy.asp

Needless to say, my other correspondents need notification, too.

Again, sorry for the unnecessary excitement. As Obi-Wan Kenobi said in another
context: "There's nothing to see here. Move along. Move along."

Ken