[Vision2020] Installment #33: Preparation

Jeff Harkins jeffh at moscow.com
Fri Jan 21 22:56:09 PST 2011

    Preparation:

    ... the action or process of making ready or being made ready for
    use or consideration.

Hindsight is a great tool - wish I had looked more carefully at this
value before I decided to upgrade my system from Windows XP to Windows
7.  It has been a challenging day for a lot of values (preparation,
persistence, perseverance, patience, class and grace, commitment,
confidence, believe, humility ........)!

Some notable quotes seem quite appropriate:

Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things
brought together.
Vincent Van Gogh Post Impressionist Painter  (1853-1890)

For one human being to love another: that is perhaps the most difficult
of our tasks; the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which
all other work is but preparation.
Rainer Maria Rilke Excerpt From Letters To A Young Poet  (1875-1926);

Prepare the umbrella before it rains.
Malay Proverb

It is better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to
have an opportunity and not be prepared.
Whitney M. Young, Jr.  American Civil Rights Leader  (1921-1971);

Don't waste life in doubts and fears; spend yourself on the work before
you, well assured that the right performance of this hour's duties will
be the best preparation for the hours and ages that will follow it.
Ralph Waldo Emerson Philosopher, Poet, Author, Essayist   (1803-1882);