[Vision2020] Installment #30 - Making a Difference

Jeff Harkins jeffh at moscow.com
Tue Jan 18 22:37:20 PST 2011

    Making A Difference:

    is to change things in a positive way.

*The video makes an impact!  Here is the link:

http://www.values.com/inspirational-stories-tv-spots/70-Everyday-Heroes

Some interesting quotes about "making a difference"*

I choose to believe I can and will change the world with my words and
thoughts.
Rod Williams Musician

The mind has exactly the same power as the hands: not merely to grasp
the world, but to change it.
Colin Wilson Novelist  (born 1931);

We must become the change we want to see in the world.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi Indian Political And Spiritual
Leader  (1869-1948)

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit
there.
Will Rogers Actor, Comic, Columnist  (1879-1935);

Following are some comments about the video:

I think this video will teach a lot of people that taking the time to
teach a child could rreally change them.
/Posted 11 days ago by Kimberly A from 14499 Begonia Drive, Victorville CA /

The song is "Everyday Heroes" by Brooks and Dunn.
/Posted 15 days ago by Rachel A. from Denver, CO /

My favorite, I love seeing these commercials...it just warms my heart.
/Posted 17 days ago by Allison D. from Burnsville, Minnesota /

Who is singing the background music on this spot?
/Posted 21 days ago by Charlie L. from Acworth, GA /

Love this and all of the "pass it on" spots. Keep up the good work
/Posted about 1 month ago by Fred P from Huntley, IL /

I love the video, it's very inspirational. I'm a teacher and it really
made me love my job.
/Posted 2 months ago by Sakina from Morocco /

I love this commercial and the song you chose to compliment it.
/Posted 4 months ago by S Parker from Benton, KY /

This is great!
/Posted 5 months ago by Armando C. from Yorba Linda, California /

I love it! I'm inspired to go on in my ministry of teaching.
/Posted 8 months ago by Leizel Igbalic from Davao, Philippines /

This I can appreciate very whole heartily. My son has made such a
tremendous amount of progress over the year because his teachers care
and even go out of their way to help just the same! Thank you for
sharing this!
/Posted 12 months ago by Jineil H. from Virginia Beach, VA /

If you can read this, thank a teacher.
/Posted over 1 year ago by Caleb S. from Dayton, Ohio /

These are the REAL heroes that almost never get the due admiration!!
/Posted over 1 year ago by Connie P. from Chula Vista,CA /

Yes, true these people are here to help kids to help themselves using
all their time to invest in kids instead of staying home and watching
TV. I like it.
/Posted over 1 year ago by Matthew M. from Miami, Florida /

Thank you for this one. I have to agree that teachers are unsung heroes.
Sometimes, even the teachers you "hate" help you, without you even
knowing, they've changed who you are. I've found that many of my
teachers end up my best friends.
/Posted about 2 years ago by A.J. from NJ /

I completely agree with this ad. Everyone deserves not only the presence
of those who are around them but their attention.
/Posted over 2 years ago by from /

If only we can see through the problems of others and hear what problems
they have, that would certainly show how much we care for those in
need.... I love the song: "Everyday Heroes" beautifully sung.
/Posted over 2 years ago by Tetteh, A from Winslow, ME, USA /

My eyes got quite watery just watching this ad. Most of us have had one
or two teachers who have gone the extra mile to help us with some
assignment or personal problem. Why teachers are not appreciate more is
still a mystery to me.

/Posted almost 3 years ago by Manny C from New Jersey /

This is a wonderful message for all the heroes in our everyday lives. My
heart goes out to our teachers and their unwavering dedication to
teaching our young.
/Posted about 3 years ago by Rory K. from Orlando, Florida USA /

Oh!! I LOVE this song and will stop EVERYTHING, to go watch this spot on
TV when this song is on!
/Posted over 3 years ago by Deirdre H. from Ohio, USA /

The song title is "Everyday Heroes" by Brooks & Dunn written by Senetor
Orrin Hatch/Janice Kapp Perry. The song is only available from Salt Lake
2002: Light Up The Land (Olympic Winter Games)

/Posted over 3 years ago by Ben from Colorado, USA /

I like the song too..I search for a long time and found out that the
song's title is "Everyday Heroes" by Brook and Dunn. Very hard to find.
I'm still trying to find the song.
/Posted over 3 years ago by Ben from CO /

"Everyday Heroes" by Janice Kapp Perry

/Posted over 3 years ago by from /

What an inspiration for all educators, who like me, believe teaching is
the most remarkable journey anyone could ever imagine!
/Posted over 3 years ago by Donna P. from Georgia, USA /

Wonderful to watch.
/Posted over 3 years ago by reema from /

Please, can you help me in finding out who this artist is? I love this
message and truly love this song!Thanks so much.
/Posted over 3 years ago by Justin S. from Shreveport,La. /

I love this message! What a TV spot! Very heartwarming! Please let me
know the song title and the singer.
/Posted almost 4 years ago by Jung-in Kim from /

I agree on the song. Where can I get/download, or ???
/Posted almost 4 years ago by from /