[Vision2020] A Li'l Sumpin From the MLK Breakfast at MJHS this Mornin'

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Jan 15 13:39:22 PST 2011

Greetings Visionaires -

This morning, thanks to Joann Muneta for tellin' me 'bout it and
BookPeople where I bought my ticket, I attended and videotaped most of the
Martin Luther King Human Rights Breakfast.

I say "most" 'cause Bob Williams, who performed "Our Revolution" (A Living
Voices presentation) at the breakfast, wouldn't permit me to videotape his
performance.  And rightly so.  I mean . . . I certainly don't wanna
interfere with a guy's right to earn a livin'.

Anyway, as I was sayin' . . .

I did manage to videotape a whole bunch of neat stuff . . . Mayor Chaney
presentin' awards to a whole bunch of well-deservin' local students . . .
presentation of the Rosa Parks Human Rights Achievement Award to (you'll
jus' have to wait 'till I post the video) . . . and an excellent series of
accordian solos by Adrian Crookston.

But, jus' as I wask packin' my cameras and tripod away, Joann Muneta got
the audience all standin' to sing . . .

(please excuse the first 23 seconds. I dun fired up my camcorder to, at
least, record the audio while I was gettin' it ready to videotape)

"We Shall Overcome" sung by those in attendance at the MLK Breakfast at
Moscow Junior High School on January 15, 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1yjOrp8h-I

I'll tell ya.  We got some voices out there in the 'hood, buddy!

Stay tuned, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown