[Vision2020] Installment #27 - Common Ground

Jeff Harkins jeffh at moscow.com
Sat Jan 15 09:59:42 PST 2011

    Common Ground:

    is the state of sharing features or attributes.

*The video PSA is worth a look:

http://www.values.com/inspirational-stories-tv-spots/75-Old-Friends*

Some interesting quotes:

In the matter of religion, people eagerly fasten their eyes on the
difference between their own creed and yours; whilst the charm of the
study is in finding the agreements and identities in all the religions
of humanity.
Ralph Waldo Emerson Philosopher, Poet, Author, Essayist   (1803-1882);

Mere human beings can't afford to be fanatical about anything. Not even
about justice or loyalty...If we are to survive on this planet, there
must be compromises.
Storm [Margaret Storm Jameson] Novelist, Critic  (1891-1986)

We have not all had the good fortune to be ladies. We have not all been
generals, or poets, or statesmen; but when the toast works down to the
babies, we stand on common ground - for we have all been babies.
Mark Twain [Samuel Clemens] Humorist, Essayist, Novelist  (1835-1910)

It is thus tolerance that is the source of peace, and intolerance that
is the source of disorder and squabbling.
*Pierre Bayle Philosopher  (1647-1706)
Some comments about the video:
*

Powerful message. Here in the Philippines we have Islamic and Christian
people. I pray to the LORD that we have peace in our land.
/Posted about 1 year ago by Tyron Sarmineto from Palawan, Philippines /

Simplistic and powerful, create spot and message.
/Posted about 2 years ago by Bev M. from Canada /

I saw your ads on Supreme Master Television. The World needs more people
like you, reminding people about positive and noble aspects of life -
which is the true value of life. Heaven smiles on your endeavor. Love.
/Posted about 2 years ago by Jarwanto from /

I think this one´s the best!
/Posted over 2 years ago by Caroline N from Netherlands /

Before this commercial, I used to think differences keep people apart.
Now I realize that's exactly what brings them together. Thanks
/Posted almost 3 years ago by BpRt from Lehighton, Pennsylvania USA /

Wonderful!
/Posted about 3 years ago by Enrico P. from Jakarta, Indonesia /

That is an amazing commercial. It shows that you don't have to be just
like someone to be their friend. Tolerance is good, but acceptance and
love are better!
/Posted over 3 years ago by from /

We are all human...
/Posted over 3 years ago by reema from palestine /

Hi, I live in Mexico where I see your wonderfull PSAs!

Can you tell me where the one with the Rabbi, Muslim and Catholic Priest
was filmed? It looks like Santa Monica or an LA beach.
/Posted over 3 years ago by spanish-immersion-excursions at hotmail.com
from Cuernavaca, Mexico /

This is such a beautiful and well needed message that deserves to be
brought to the door step of every American as we grow more and more
culturally diverse.
/Posted over 3 years ago by Charity W. from Los Angeles, California /

*

*