[Vision2020] President Obama at Tucson

the lockshop lockshop at pull.twcbc.com
Fri Jan 14 16:08:57 PST 2011

I guess that part of the problem for me is my pre Vatican II upbringing. A memorial should offer dignity and solace. It just seems odd for there to be such a circus atmosphere at an event where among those in attendance was the parents and loved ones who had yet to attend the fallens funerals and burial services. Their pain had to have been intense.

The other part is reducing the event to a slogan on a T-shirt. I find nothing at all inappropriate in such a  message, I just would have wanted something more. To the parents of the nine year old it will likely be a good long while before they thrive and together isn't in the cards for them anymore.