[Vision2020] Special request for eyeglasses and hearing devices

Jeff Harkins jeffh at moscow.com
Thu Jan 13 21:17:45 PST 2011

  Good evening Veeps.  This missive is to ask for your donation of your
old glasses, broken or not.  Each year, the Moscow Central Lions Club
accepts donations of unused/somewhat abused eyeglasses and hearing aids.

We have placed donation boxes in most/perhaps all of the optometrists in
Moscow.  If you have abandoned eyeglasses/hearing aids, you can drop
them at the donation boxes noted above.

Once or twice a year, we gather up the glasses/hearing aids and
transport them to Seattle, where they are repaired and made available to
folks that need them.  Often, items will be sent overseas to needed
areas.  Glasses are distributed through the Lions International network.

Last year, we sent approximately 3,000 pairs of glasses to the Seattle
facility.

So, if you have some old pairs ... well you know.  If you have questions
about this project, let me know.

Thanks, in advance, for participating.