[Vision2020] Idaho taxes -- Pray and pay

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Jan 9 17:15:21 PST 2011

Ralph Nielsen suggests:

"Perhaps one solution would be to privatize the tax collectors. If
they were paid on a commission basis they would make sure that all
taxpayers pay all the taxes they owe."

Although I see, and seriously appreciate, the intent of your suggestion,
in my opinion I see one major flaw.

If I were a crooked privatized tax collector . . .

I could easily save an Idaho corporation at least 70% of their calculated
tax liability by simply having the Idaho corporation make a cash
contribution to my favorite charity in the amount of (up to) 30% of their
tax liability, which I assume would be considerably larger than the
"commission" paid to me by the state of Idaho.

Which leaves one other question:  By which Idaho corporation is this
privatized tax collector employed?

"I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it."

- Unknown