[Vision2020] Jesse Jackson to Speak at UI Kibbie Dome

Warren Hayman whayman at roadrunner.com
Fri Jan 7 17:41:20 PST 2011

Hello Mr. Price,

I share your sentiments of great news and gladness over Jackson's visit to
the UI. I look forward to his appearance.

But your concern has me wondering: how much is the Jazz Festival costing the
UI? The Bellwood lectures? National commencement speakers? Visits by
distinguished artists and scientists?

Omitting such opportunities and exposure lobotomizes any university, and I
think the results are incalculably to the good for all. Such money comes
back in other ways, and may return economically over time through those who
also applaud such efforts. Investment might be a term for it.

Warren Hayman