[Vision2020] Jesse Jackson to Speak at UI Kibbie Dome

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Jan 7 13:43:54 PST 2011

Courtesy of the Lewiston Tribune.

Jesse Jackson to speak at the University of Idaho
January 7, 2011, 1:29 pm

MOSCOW - Legendary civil rights activist and former presidential candidate
Jesse Jackson is headed to the University of Idaho to help commemorate
black history month.

Jackson will deliver an address, "Keep Hope Alive," at 7:15 p.m. Feb. 7 at
the Kibbie Dome, according to the university. The event is free and open
to the public, and will be followed by a question-and-answer session.

Before his address, Jackson will meet privately with 25 student leaders.

According to a short bio issued by the UI, Jackson has played a role in
movements for empowerment, peace, civil rights, gender equality, and
economic and social justice. He is the president and founder of the
Rainbow PUSH Coalition, a multi-racial, multi-issue, international
membership organization working for social change.

Seeya there, Moscow.

“If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it, I know I can
achieve it.”

- Jesse Jackson