[Vision2020] State Budget Deficits

Jeff Harkins jeffh at moscow.com
Tue Jan 4 15:00:37 PST 2011

  On 1/4/2011 2:17 PM, Joe Campbell wrote:
> I don't see how honestly, real life, responsibility, foresight,
> sacrifice, and stewardship support a plan where you cut spending and
> not increase taxes, given the mess we're in.
In retrospect, I guess, given that you are not an economist, I cannot,
realistically expect you to see how those values would help.  So, I
agree with you.

> Nor do I understand how
> these values support the Republican notion of starting a war and
> refusing to pay for it.
I recall that the "declaration of war" was a congressional decision,
supported by democrats and republicans.
> That seems to go against some of the values
> noted.
I stand by my statement of values

> I think the "values" your plan supports are greed, selfishness,
> and blaming the other guy for our problems.

You are entitled to your opinion
> And there is nothing funny about the fact that I don't have a plan.
> I'm not an economist! Nor did I start a post on this topic. You are
> and you did. I'm just a critic.
You are correct.
> But I'll tell you that I know enough
> about the economy to say that we're not going to get out of this mess
> unless we raise some taxes to do it.
You could not be more wrongheaded.
> No one wants to hear that message
> but sometimes the truth hurts.