[Vision2020] State Budget Deficits

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 14:17:30 PST 2011

I don't see how honestly, real life, responsibility, foresight,
sacrifice, and stewardship support a plan where you cut spending and
not increase taxes, given the mess we're in. Nor do I understand how
these values support the Republican notion of starting a war and
refusing to pay for it. That seems to go against some of the values
noted. I think the "values" your plan supports are greed, selfishness,
and blaming the other guy for our problems.

And there is nothing funny about the fact that I don't have a plan.
I'm not an economist! Nor did I start a post on this topic. You are
and you did. I'm just a critic. But I'll tell you that I know enough
about the economy to say that we're not going to get out of this mess
unless we raise some taxes to do it. No one wants to hear that message
but sometimes the truth hurts.