[Vision2020] State Budget Deficits

Jeff Harkins jeffh at moscow.com
Tue Jan 4 11:24:40 PST 2011

  On 1/4/2011 6:02 AM, Joe Campbell wrote:
> Pretty revealing!
>
> No real plan here, no solution. Just complaints and a slogan: "Cut taxes!"
>
> For which of the values on your list is this appropriate?

Honesty, real life, responsibility, foresight, sacrifice, stewardship to
name a few.  The truth is ...  the chickens have come home to roost!

Cutting spending does not imply raising taxes.  Your hyperbole is
failing.  A cut of about 12.5% is necessary to balance state budgets -
that is a fact - and getting a balanced budget is a "pretty damn good" plan.

By requiring government agencies to start the process of identifying
those areas that can be cut and then absorbing and allocating those
cuts.  Should be a shared responsibility.

Funny, I didn't see your plan - just your cheap shots and sarcasm.