[Vision2020] Love

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 05:33:01 PST 2011

Some love is hot! And the love I have for my son is not a "warm feeling."

I don't think love is a feeling or emotion at all, though it's all bound up with a ton of emotions. But to quote Boston, it's MORE than a feeling.

I had a student who thought that love WAS the meaning of life, which I understood as saying that our purpose was found in establishing relationships with others.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."