[Vision2020] Say What?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Jan 2 08:09:05 PST 2011

"I asked  Exxon officials if they supported keeping jobs in the U.S.  The
answer was 'yes'.  Then I asked them who had the contract for hauling the
megaloads and they said, 'Oh! It is a Dutch Company.'

I then asked several ITD staff if the permit fee would cover all of the
ITD's technical, administrative, and legal costs for moving the megaloads.
. . . The answer from ITD personnel was that there was no way that the
permit fee covered all of the costs that ITD incurred.  'Therefore,' I
said, 'then the costs not covered by the permit for ITD expenses is paid
by the Idaho Tax Payer.' The answer was 'yes'.   I wrote Brian Ness, ITD
Director, with the same question and he has not yet come up with a final
reply."

- Rep. Tom Trail reflecting upon discussions he had while participating in
a public meeting, concering the Highway 12 megaloads, with ITD officials
and Exxon officials at Moscow's City Hall on June 28, 2010

Seeya round town, Moscow.

Tom "jus' 'nother one of them small-time Idaho tax-payers" Hansen
Moscow, Idaho

"This is the 'Mouse that Roared,' 'David and Goliath' and 'Avatar' all
rolled into one.  We must remember that the thousands of citizens involved
in this effort to protect their personal and family safety, their
businesses and their lifestyles are confronting some of the largest
international corporations in the world."

- Linwood Laughy