[Vision2020] IA Deputy AG: "Use Live Ammo" against union demonstrators

nickgier at roadrunner.com nickgier at roadrunner.com
Wed Feb 23 11:53:29 PST 2011

Greetings:

People for the American Way reports as follows: "A deputy attorney general in Indiana on Saturday suggested on Twitter to "use live ammunition" against protesters in Madison, Wisconsin. In a back-and-forth with a writer for Mother Jones magazine, he followed up, "You're damned right I advocate deadly force."

Commentators have been comparing the peaceful protesters in Wisconsin to those in Tahrir Square.  I always wondered how gun-loving Americans would react.  Now my worst fears have been validated.  I expected the Tea Party folks to say this (and perhaps they already have) but no a government official.

Nick