[Vision2020] Moscow's Anti-Business Mean Green Committee Machine

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Feb 6 11:00:25 PST 2011

Donovan Arnold iterates:

"So you are saying that legislation that passes with a close vote, like
the abolition of slavery is bad law, and laws that pass with near
legislative unanimity are good laws, like the one to go to war with Iraq?"

No, Mr. Arnold.  What I am saying is (now read this slowly) . . .

Apparently not one of our council members found anything wrong with it,
otherwise there would have been at least one "no" vote.

Close votes, like 4-2 and 3-3 (where the mayor breaks the tie), possess
some debatable substance.

Do you understand now?

Tom Hansen
Spokane, Washington

On Sun, February 6, 2011 10:49 am, Donovan Arnold wrote:

> "There must be something beneficial in it . . . what with a unanimous vote
> and all, dontcha think?"--Tom Hansen
>
> So you are saying that legislation that passes with a close vote, like the
> abolition of slavery is bad law, and laws that pass with near
> legislative unanimity are good laws, like the one to go to war with Iraq?
>
> A law is good or bad based on the merits of its outcomes and
> justifications, not the number of yeas and nays cast, dontcha think?
>
> BTW, how do you have a bike rack sheltered and well lit? Indoor bike rack
> lighting?
>
> Donovan Arnold

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown