[Vision2020] Say What?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Aug 23 09:48:43 PDT 2011

"Listen, America’s gone a long way from the standpoint of civil rights and
thank God we have. I mean we’ve gone from a country that made great
strides in issues of civil rights. I think we all can be proud of that.
And as we go forward, America needs to be about freedom. It needs to be
about freedom from overtaxation, freedom from over-litigation, freedom
from over-regulation. And Americans regardless of what their cultural or
ethnic background is they need to know that they can come to America and
you got a chance to have any dream come true because the economic climate
is gonna be improved."

- Republican presidential candidate (and Texas governor) Rick Perry at a
rally in Rock Hill, South Carolina paying tribute to the Martin Luther
King Jr. memorial.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2011/08/22/301253/rick-perry-compares-civil-rights-movement-to-gop-fight-for-lower-corporate-taxes/

Seeya round town, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."