[Vision2020] CNN Breaking News

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 9 11:50:58 PDT 2011

Jay,
The fundamental problem with the flat tax theory is that it assumes everyone benefits equally from the government. The vast majority of tax dollars go to benefiting the wealthiest of Americans, not the average US citizen. Further, if the bottom 25% of households had to pay a tax equal in percentage as the wealthiest 5% in order to balance the budget they would have to resort to crime to survive because of the poor wages, limited hours, and no benefits or health care they get from employers who have all the wealth.
 How about instead, the people with 90% of the resources pay 90% of the taxes, wouldn't that be fair too, Jay?

Donovan Arnold