[Vision2020] CNN Breaking News

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Sun Aug 7 14:05:29 PDT 2011

I would agree with part of what you are saying. Increasing the tax on the super rick will not work, They make up only a small percentage of what is needed. I would agree that the infrastructure needs help. Also a lot of tax brakes and subsidies should be eliminated. Those that benefit supporters of both parties. See "tax breaks for the (Democratic) rich in  the July 18 issue of National Review. Tax brakes and subsidies that do not provide an immediate benefit to the economy should be eliminated. This includies ethanol supports, Farm price supports (Wheat, Dairy,Poultry, etc).   A flat tax with no exemptions would work better. A long with that there should be sunset placed on all government agencies. They should automatically expire after a given length of time and need to be reauthorized. Almost all government agencies ( including defence) get more money than they really need. The amount of fraud in the Medicare and Medicaid programs is horrendous. Some are getting rich off !
 of them
at our expense. See "Entitlement bandits" by Michael F. cannon in the July 4 issue of National Review. If you want to create another Czar make it a waste Czar that goes after waste in all agencies. The Budget Office though  should already have this authority.
Roger