[Vision2020] CNN Breaking News

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 6 19:36:34 PDT 2011

Actually Gary, the budget is supposed to originate in the House of Representatives, not the White House. The House is suppose to write the budget bill, pass it and sends it to the Senate. Then, the Senate votes on it and it goes to the President. The President than either signs the bill or vetoes it. If he signs it, it becomes law, if he vetoes, it goes back to Congress where it either passes by a 2/3 vote, or it dies.
The President is on the very end of that process. And really, it is only his threat of veto that even lets him sit in on the conversation in the drafting of a bill. The President didn't veto anything, because the GOP leadership had its head so far up the wrong place that it could not even put a plan together that even their own party would agree to pass. Now, if the President vetoed bill after bill that were reasonable plans, I could see blaming him for it. However, he didn't do anything other than to try and get both the House and Senate to pass a budget plan on time.

And Mr. Hansen, the jobs went overseas. They were sent there by the very companies that Republicans bailed out with your tax dollars. Doesn't that just !@#$% you off?

Donovan Arnold