[Vision2020] NASA Scientist Hansen & Hertsgaard at the Open Society Institute NYC 4-14-11

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 15:59:35 PDT 2011

http://www.environmentguru.com/Pages/Elements/Element.aspx?ID=614447

Text below from website above:

 Mark Hertsgaard and James Hansen: Adapting to Climate Change Now Global
climate change has arrived, and it's more than a hundred years ahead of
schedule. According to The Nation's Mark Hertsgaard, whose twenty years of
climate reporting helped him craft his new book, Hot: Living Through the
Next Fifty Years on Earth, the only option left requires not only reducing
carbon emissions, but also adapting to the effects of man-made global
warming already underway. At the Open Society Institute in New York City on
Thursda, April 14, Hertsgaard joined renowned NASA climatologist Dr. James
Hansen for a conversation on how we can best adapt to and confront climate
change. One of the biggest hurdles to effectively dealing with our warming
planet, the two agree, is the anti-science blockade the American right has
set up against any and all carbon reducing policies. For more videos, visit
www.TheNation.com From: videonation Views: 5 0 ratings Time: 01:17:27 More
in News & Politics

Mark Hertsgaard and James Hansen: Adapting to Climate Change Now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVgQ8lZXy4A