[Vision2020] Fw: Health Symposium

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Mon Apr 4 13:20:19 PDT 2011

-----Original message-----

From: "Earl H. Bennett" bennett at uidaho.edu
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 09:01:48 -0700
To: "Hugh Cooke" hcooke at uidaho.edu
Subject: Health Symposium

We are ready to go with the Health Symposium for Seniors.  The title will be "What Seniors need to know about "Wellness on the Palouse" and the new federal "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act."  The symposium will be held on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 in the auditorium upstairs in the U of I Student Union Building (SUB) from 9:00 AM to noon.  This is an opportunity to promote our wellness programs and answer questions about the new federal law as it applies to Seniors.  Note that this will not be a debate on the merits or the politics of the law.  Our speaker schedule as it exists now (subject to revision) follows (see attachment also);

      Schedule

      April 26, 2011 at SUB
      Topic
     Speaker

      9:00 AM
     5m
     Introduction
     Earl H. Bennett

      9:05 AM
     35m
     The new "Affordable Care Act"
     Carol M. Moehrle, N. Cent. Health Dist.

      9:40
     10m
     Questions
     Carol,  Rep. John  Rusche and Sen. Dan Schmidt

      9:50 AM
     25m
     Impact of the ACA on "Medicare +"
     Tonya Steele, SHIBA

      10:15
     10m
     Questions
     Tonya

      10:25 AM
     25m
     Wellness on the Palouse
     Gritman Med. Cent.  staff

      10:50
     10m
     Questions for Gritman/UI
     Gritman staff

      11:00
     15m
     Wellness on the U of I campus
     Univ. of Idaho, Judy Colbeck

      11:15
     5m
     Questions for U of I
     Judy

      11:20
     10m
     Senior Immunizations
     To be determined

      11:30
     5m
     Immunization questions
     To be determined

      11:35
     15m
     "Lets move" initiative
     City of Moscow

      11:50
     5m
     Questions
     Questions for Moscow

      11:55
     5m
     Wrap up and Adjourn
     Earl H. Bennett

      Display tables in SUB
     Gritman, others?

I would like to advertise the event as sponsored by the;

University of Idaho Retirees Association

American Association of Retired People

League of Women Voters of Moscow, ID

Idaho North Central Health District

Gritman Medical Center

National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE)

The Senior Health Insurance Benefits Advisors (SHIBA) office of the Idaho Dept. of Insurance

Moscow Chamber of Commerce

City of Moscow

The role of the sponsors will be to let their membership know about the symposium.  A handout describing the event that can be sent to your members will be forthcoming.  I also need to know who would like to have table space outside of the auditorium for literature/displays.  Please let me know if you have any questions and thanks to all of you for helping with the symposium.

Earl H. Bennett

208-285-1354

bennett at uidaho.edu