[Vision2020] 10:10 "no pressure" video

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 20:16:59 PDT 2010

I just stumbled upon this (may contain disturbing images):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UHN3zHoYA0

It's a video about the "10:10 campaign" that encourages people to cut
their carbon footprints by 10%, with a rather remarkable punishment for
those who aren't willing to do so.

This isn't a small-time production, either.  It's directed by the guy
who directed The Age of Stupid, it's written by the screenwriters that
wrote "Four Weddings", it has a soundtrack provided by Radiohead, and it
has a cameo by Gillian Anderson of X Files fame.

While I'm not blind to the humor involved, is this really the message we
want to get across?  Play ball or die?  I mean, I'm willing to conserve
energy and reduce gasoline usage without death threats.  I just don't
think that "climate change" is necessarily the Armageddon it's made out
to be, and this makes me wonder about the people pushing that particular
agenda.

Anyway, take a look and let us know what you think.

Paul

P. S.  I'm *really* hoping that Ted didn't get issued one of those red
buttons...