[Vision2020] FW: Breaking news from the Lewiston Tribune (Hwy 12 oil spill)

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Sep 30 02:44:27 PDT 2010

Dan, you're a thoughtful man and certainly worthy of my respect; I would take a correction from you with chagrin if I were found to be wrong.  But I think Tom's point is well taken -- it's obvious to me that this section of US 12 is not suitable -- never was, never will be -- for even empty mega-haulers (and perhaps that's what we ought to call them until they're loaded with and begin hauling fuel, other combustibles, or any other pollutants, which I'm afraid will happen, inevitably, if the current proposal is allowed).   The roads are not adequate for what they're being proposed to handle, the danger to human beings is considerable, and the potential devastation to the environment is incalculable.

I am opposed to mega-haulers empty, mega-haulers full of combustibles and toxins, and pretty much anything that puts business ahead of the care of that section of forest and rivers, although I suppose I could change my mind if someone came up with a plan entailing mega-loads of fuel being carried by chariots driven by angels.

Haven't seen that one on the list of options . . .

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com