[Vision2020] Frontier (was Verizon) DSL

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl.fastmail.fm
Wed Sep 15 11:11:34 PDT 2010

I couldn't think of a better place than here to ask . . .

For those of you with Frontier/Verizon DSL "high speed" Internet, have any
of you noticed things being slower?

I don't know the technical details of my question so I'm not sure where the
problem lies (any explanation would be appreciated), but I've been noticing
that Web pages are taking longer to be "found" after I click on hyperlinks
I've been using -- I've checked, and the links are still correct.  Streaming
video often doesn't seems as smooth as it used to be, downloading songs from
Amazon & iTunes seems to be a bit slower, and uploading seems to have slowed
to a crawl.  At first, I thought it was just me/my computer, but I was
ranting to myself the other night, and my dh mentioned that he'd noticed it,
too.  I checked my laptop & I'm seeing the same thing there.

I'm getting various results on speed & ping tests, not that I know what
those mean, but they are tests that I've run fairly regularly (every month
or two), and I've never seen results -- especially ping & upload -- scores
as poor as I seem to regularly be seeing recently.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Saundra