[Vision2020] A Thought to Ponder

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Sep 1 07:32:08 PDT 2010

Concerning ITD's (Idaho Transportation Department) argument that a 10
minute-delay rule in the Idaho code only applied to situations in which a
"traffic control plan" would take too long to construct.

Translation:  If there is a control plan in place, ConocoPhillips can exceed
the 10 minute-delay rule.

As a child lovingly clutches the dying body of his/her mother . . . in the
back of an ambulance . . . on Highway 12 . . . ever so slowly moving . . .
behind a traffic-stalling ConocoPhillips mega-load, (s)he attempts to
provide faith to his/her mother and hope for her/himself by softly uttering
these words of assurance in her ear . . .

"Don't worry, Mom. I love you. And besides . . . They have a traffic control
plan."

Isn't it sad that this state of ours places higher concern for $$$$ than it
does in the health of its people.

Hey!  Wait a minute.  I forgot.  This is Idaho . . . Otter Country.

Jeesh!  What was I thinking?

Never mind.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

Just another multi-celled organism that gives a damn.

"Corporations are an oppressed minority forced to move headquarters from
state to state in search of friendlier tax codes--sometimes being forced to
live just off our shores in tiny mailboxes."

- John Oliver, The Daily Show