[Vision2020] Reward Fund Regarding Bouma Postcard Hoax

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Fri Oct 29 11:08:04 PDT 2010

Kayla Herrmann of the Argonaut wrote:

"Whoever made these postcards did so with malicious intent and that is pretty obvious, however I do think it's cool that the community got together to help him out."

This statement is grossly inaccurate, and one suspects that Kayla Herrman would be the kind of reporter the local print media would love to hire:

1.    Since the sender is unknown, the intent is unknown.  It could of have been sent by the Bouma campaign or a Bouma supporter.  Given the money and sympathy raised by Bouma on the mailings, a healthy dose of skepticism about who sent the mailings is indicated.  In fact, if the LCSD asked at the start of their investigation "Who benefits?" they would not be wasting time interviewing Saundra Lund and attempting to intimidate her for expressing her views in a public forum.  It appears that the LCSD is again floundering around.  Given the sheriff's religious and political perspectives, this is hardly surprising.

2.    I do not think those would contributed to the reward fund did it to help Bouma out.  They believed at the time, thanks in part to the kneejerk reaction of the local media, that the postcard was a nasty political hoax.  At best, we don't know if it was a hoax or not.  Smart money is on the side that it was a cleverly crafted political ploy that has very successfully benefited Bouma.

Pursuing this line, let us not forget that the postcard was an invitation to attend Freeze Church.  The language clearly indicated that the recipient targeted was already assumed to be committed to vote for Bouma and McGraw.  There were political implications -- implications which those already committed to vote for Bouma would presumably be in agreement with and supportive of candidates that held such beliefs.

The religious driven beliefs expressed on the postcard were not only consistent but in agreement with the beliefs of Freeze Church where Bouma attends and occasionally preaches.  In this regard, the religious statements/imperatives on the postcard were accurate, not libelous, hence not defamatory.

Wayne A. Fox
1009 Karen Lane
PO Box 9421
Moscow, ID  83843