[Vision2020] Reward Fund Regarding Bouma Postcard Hoax

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Oct 29 10:08:57 PDT 2010

Courtesy of today's (October 29, 2010) UI Argonaut.

Reward Fund Regarding Bouma Postcard Hoax
Kayla Herrman, Argonaut

A $3,000 reward has been promised by an Idaho non-profit cooperation to
anyone who is knowledgeable about the "Friends of Bouma" postcard hoax
that happened the weekend of Oct. 16.

Currently, the city, county, and state are involved in investigations
regarding the hoax, which blatantly attacked several groups and targeted
Latah County Senate candidate Gresham Bouma.

The fund has been put together by David Nelson, chair of the local
Democratic Party, Walter Steed, chair of the local Republican Party, and
Tom Hansen, owner and manager of Moscow Cares, a service entity that
contributes to and funds charitable causes.

A reward of $2,900 and $500 that is further promised has been pledged to
the Postcard Hoax Information Reward Fund, which includes $1,000 from
Gresham Bouma, and $1,000 from Moscow Cares, Hansen said.

"The remaining contributions were from the community.  The largest
contribution we received was $100, and donations have ranged from $20 to
$100," Hansen said.

"The main purpose of the reward is to clean up the damage done to the
community.  If it is ignored it could eventually grow like a cancer," he
said.

Dani Bright, a member of College Republicans, said she was very upset
about the postcard hoax.

"I just think it is sad that people have to debase themselves to such a
dirty level of politics to throw an election like that.  I feel horrible
for Bouma and hope that Election Day goes well for him and everyone,"
Bright said.

"Whoever made these postcards did so with malicious intent and that is
pretty obvious, however I do think it's cool that the community got
together to help him out."

If no one has been arrested by Dec. 1 the funds will be returned to the
donors, however if the county sheriff has any suspects, the funds will be
put on hold for an additional 30 days, said Hansen.

"It's not if they get caught, it is when they get caught.  I hope people
in the future will learn to not participate in such illegal activities,"
Hansen said.

This morning an additional $500 will be deposited into the Postcard Hoax
Information Reward Fund on behalf of Debi Robinson-Smith and several other
local citizens, bringing the fund to a total of $3,900.

I have but one thing to add to this article, Moscow . . .

"Be a Hero"
http://www.MoscowCares.com/Hero

Seeya round town, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."