[Vision2020] Vote against the Coming Amendments

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 24 12:07:36 PDT 2010

It is sad to see four proposals to the people of Idaho to change the Idaho State Constitution to raise their cost of living and/or reduce their rights as citizens.

One wants to eliminate tuition free higher education for Idahoans by allowing UI to charge even more money to students, the majority of which will be paying for their education for the rest of their working lives as it is. I guess it is easier to only allow kids with rich parents to attend UI than it is find a way to shift high salaries and benefits from overpaid administrators to the classroom instructors that do most the heavy lifting for the University. Or of course, have the Idaho Legislature properly fund classroom instruction like the State Constitution tells them they are suppose to do.

Another one will allow the hospitals to go into debt without a 2/3 majority of the people so they can charge poor people without affordable insurance even more than $10 for a Tylenol. Apparently, hospitals creating 50% of bankrupties in this country is not high enough. Just another example of why this country needs a single payer health care system.

And lastly, an amendment will allow utility companies to charge cosumers more money for utiltiies so they can build more hazardous buildings  and store cheaper electricity from areas that subvert the environment. I complain about a lot of things, however, my utlity bill is bargain and I would like to keep it that way without giving utlitiy companies a reason to charge me more for building we don't need.

All of these amendments are asking me to give up my rights so that the government can charge me more money. My anwser to this is NO.

I wasn't even going to vote this election because only Republicans are on the ballot. But these issues will bring me to the polls. I guess I will also be voting against Otter because I don't think we should have a governor that puts unnessary road construction over nessesary education.

Donovan J Arnold