[Vision2020] Noon whistle

deb debismith at moscow.com
Thu Oct 21 20:36:43 PDT 2010

When we arrived in Moscow in 1986, the noon siren was going. I think I heard
it as late as 1995. Not sure that's accurate, but it was kind of an icon and
would be good to have back  on the  or 4 days per week we are in town around
noon (we live WAY outside town, so I'm thinking the anti-dog-howl folks
might not be as pleased)....I always enjoyed that "mini-break" with everyone
in town pausing for the whistle....
Small towns are fabulous!
Debi R-S