[Vision2020] MPD Press Release

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Wed Oct 20 13:45:39 PDT 2010

MOSCOW POLICE DEPARTMENT
118 East 4th Street
Moscow, Idaho 83843
Tel: 208-882-COPS    Fax: 208-882-4020

PRESS RELEASE

Use extra caution when driving in or near school zones.

School is under way and young people seem to be everywhere.  The Moscow Police Department would like to remind motorists to pay extra attention when driving in or near our schools.

MPD reminds motorists that speeding in school zones is extremely dangerous to our children.  Moscow and other law enforcement officers throughout Idaho will conduct increased patrols in school zones from October 17th to October 25th.  The 15 mph school zone speed limit applies on posted roadways displaying "when children are present" traffic control signs. Fines for school zone violations are $151.50.

Consider that not all school children can determine a vehicle's speed and understand you may not see them while driving.  Young children are not always predictable and may not always act with due caution.  Please help us achieve our goal of "zero deaths" and reduce serious injuries on our public roadways by looking out for our young children and by adhering to all traffic laws.

DANIEL L. WEAVER                                                                      Prepared by:
            Chief of Police                                                                                    Officer Bruce Lovell