[Vision2020] Caturday (October 9, 2010)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Oct 9 12:46:01 PDT 2010

Courtesy of KDVR (Denver, Colorado) at:

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-cat-golden-fire-txt,0,1295852.story

Homeowner finds cat alive days after house fire
Web Staff

KDVR Denver

11:29 AM MST, October 7, 2010

GOLDEN, Colo. - A homeowner in Golden got a pleasant surprise, after
suffering through a week of heartache. Her old cat survived a destructive
house fire, and the woman found the feline days after the fire was
extinguished.

Fire destroyed Susan Garcia's house last week. Wednesday she was allowed
back on the property for the first time. As she was looking through the
debris, Garcia heard her 14-year-old cat, who she assumed died in the
fire.

The cat had a hiding place, and had been there since surviving the fire.

"She meowed and I saw her coming out," Garcia says. "Knowing that she's
alive all these seven days ... no food or water and hiding, it's
terrifying to me to imagine that she suffered."

"I think it's a miracle, it's a miracle," Garcia told FOX31 News as she
held the cat. The pet ended her interview with a loud, healthy "Meow."

http://media.trb.com/media/alternatethumbnails/story/2010-10/150492340-07114150.jpg

Seeya round town, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown