[Vision2020] Park It Party: 11 AM-2 PM, Sun. Oct. 10, Friendship Square, Downtown Moscow

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 10:09:20 PDT 2010

http://www.friendsoftheclearwater.org/node/982

*Parking Cars – Part of A “Global Work Party” to Solve the Climate Crisis
**Over 180 countries will join 10/10/10: a day of practical climate action*

Please take part in the 10/10/10 Global Work Party Campaign to tell our
federal leadership that citizens want climate change solutions and we want
them now. Various organizations and citizens in Moscow are encouraging folks
to park their car for the week of October 10th thru October 17th and use
alternative forms of transportation for their daily commute. Please go to *
http://www.350.org/moscowparkin* to take the pledge!

CONTACT: Tina Hilding, (208) 301-3132 or (208) 883-1583, waldings at gmail.com
----------------------
http://www.350.org/moscowparkin
 Park-In

10 October 2010 - 11:00am - 2:00pm

Please join us in Moscow in pledging to park your car or cars, starting on
10/10/10 for a day or up to a week. We are taking a small step, and by our
action, we are asking our political leaders to take serious steps to address
the climate crisis.

We are part of the world's largest-ever action on the important topic of
climate change.

PLEASE RECORD YOUR PLEDGE BY RSVPing on this site (Scroll down to where it
says, "RSVP for this event'').

We will park cars in designated, approved, prominent places. Please join us
from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on 10/10/10 in Friendship Square to find out where to
park. We will also be having a fun party to welcome all those who are taking
the pledge to not drive for one day up to a week.

Please see below to download a sign to include in your windshield.

On 10/10, please plan on showing up at Friendship Square between 11 a.m. and
2 p.m. We will give you directions on where you should park. We will also
offer vans, running every half an hour, to pick you up from your designated
parking place and drop you off either back at Friendship Square or at your
home.

We are asking that UI students who live on campus and have a car simply
leave their car where it's normally parked (but please include our friendly
windshield sign that tells everyone why you're parking).

Did I mention that we're going to have COOL t-shirts for the first arrivals
on 10/10/10?

It's going to be a great day and great week! Thanks everyone!

See below for a press release and a sign that you can print out for your
car.

And, don't forget to RSVP on this website. Thanks! See you on 10/10/10!