[Vision2020] "Hard to Get Discussion Going?" Re: Bill McKibben Commentary Re: 10:10 "no pressure" video

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 16:59:56 PDT 2010

Actually, I was looking for your opinion (and the opinions of others on
this list).  If I had wanted to know what Bill McKibben thought about
it, I'd either have asked him or googled it.

Myself, I wasn't really all that shocked by the video, rather I saw it
as an opportunity to ask the question "how far is too far".  I did think
it was in bad taste, but I'm generally a fan of black humor.  That kind
of humor works best, though, when there is some truth to it.  If we
really are talking about the possible end of the human race (which I
don't believe), then how far *is* too far?

I have given up on asking people to watch the video, though.

Paul