[Vision2020] "Age of Stupid" Director a Woman, Not a "Guy" Re: 10:10 "no pressure" video

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 16:08:25 PDT 2010

The director of "the Age of Stupid" is not a guy, given a meaning of this
word to be "a male."  When this film came out last year, I repeatedly posted
information to Vision2020 about it, specifically referring to the director,
Franny Armstrong, who also directed such noteworthy films as "McLibel" and
"Drowned Out."

Read about Ms. Armstrong and her film making efforts at website below

http://www.spannerfilms.net/people/franny_armstrong
----------------------
Some people toss the word "guy" around in a gender neutral way, as in "you
guys" referring to a group of men and/or women.  But when specifically
referring to the director of a film, to call them a "guy" I think in most
people's minds indicates they are a male.

I did not watch the video you posted a link to, given I have far more
professional and in depth sources to spend my limited time studying,
regarding what is required to address lowering CO2 emissions.  However, I
did a quick search on the 10:10 campaign and found a different video on
YouTube regarding "The Guardian's 10:10 climate change campaign," which I
did not watch either, but I suspect refers to the major United Kingdom
newspaper "The Guardian."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=314UCvMmgrU
---------------

For anyone serious about considering plans to lower CO2 emissions to address
anthropogenic climate warming, I recommend study of the following plan from
the Earth Policy Institute for lowering global emissions 80 percent by 2020,
or read NASA climate scientist James Hansen's book, 'Storms of My
Grandchildren."  There are numerous professional and in depth sources
addressing this problem, but these two sources are certainly worth
consideration.

The Earth Policy Institute has discussed "tax shifting" to encourage less
reliance on fossil fuels, and James Hansen has advocated a "fee and
dividend" plan.  Peculiarly, these alternative plans to "cap and trade" are
rarely discussed in mainstream media, as far as I have noted.  James Hansen
has specifically stated that "cap and trade" is a flawed approach.

I have posted information on the Earth Policy Institute plan and James
Hansen's plans repeatedly, yet I do not recall anyone on this list ever
responding "onlist" specifically to these sources:

Information on Earth Policy Institute's "80 by 2020" plan:

http://www.earth-policy.org/datacenter/pdf/80by2020doc.pdf

James Hansen on "fee and dividend" plan as discussed in a New York Times
article "Cap and Fade."  The article title makes it rather clear that Hansen
does not promote "cap and trade:"

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/07/opinion/07hansen.html
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett