[Vision2020] Concerning the Cell Phone Stipend and Public Disclosure

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Nov 29 07:49:45 PST 2010

Greetings Visionaires -

My sincerest apologies for wrongfully interpreting the Public Works and
Finance Committee's discussion on October 25th concerning the proposed
cell phone stipend for elected officials as it relates to public
disclosure.

Contrary to my comments and flawed belief, emails generated on cell phones
by elected officials, and maintained on city servers (emails generated
from city accounts) ARE susceptible to public records requests, as
evidenced at the 9:20 mark of the video located at:

http://moscowcares.com/PWF_102510_CellPhoneStipend.htm

Again, my sincerest apologies for my lack of basic understanding.

That said . . .

Although my comprehension of the October 25th PWF session may be flawed,
my sense of basic math is very well intact.

Passage of the proposed cell phone stipend required a "majorioty of
members present".  This DID NOT happen.  If you recall, the vote was 3
ayes, 2 nays, and 1 abstention.  My grade school public education reminds
me that 3 plus 2 plus 1 equals 6 (and has for a long, long time) and that
3 is NOT the majority of 6.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown