[Vision2020] the big storm

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Thu Nov 18 11:09:41 PST 2010

Our big Engleman Spruce broke off about 15 to 20 feet up about 1:30 am. The power went off at the same time. We had a horse and hay stack underneath the tree. It did not hurt the horse but landed on three cars. I only had an electric chain saw, so we went to Moscow and barrowed a gas one from Maynard Fosburg. We worked on the tree  all day. By evening we had enough limbs removed to back the GEO and pickup out from under neath the tree. The only damage to the pickup was a bent antenna. The geo had a small dent in the hood and a bigger one in the fender. The fenders were shoved back enough to bind the doors a little bit. We had power back about 1:30 wednesday moring. Tom Martin came over with his big chain saw wednesday moring and we cut the tree into rounds and got it off of the Datsun. The Datsun had a broken windshield and the roof was caved in. It is old and we hadn't driven it for over a year. All in all we were very lucky. We will be working on clean up for the next coup!
 le of
days. We also lost a tarp on a shelter for the sheep. A new tarp from Ziggy's will fix that.
Roger