[Vision2020] rosey future for rabid liberal at loose ends?

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Sat Nov 6 18:47:57 PDT 2010

Hey, if Olbermann knowingly violated his employers' policies, he got what he ought to have gotten.  No scandal there.

But the question of  Fox News being "fair and balanced" obscures the real point, which is whether or not Fox News is really "news."  I don't think we need to have the lexicography battle that we've been having over "to bear," but no one who's ever produced, studied, or benefited from real journalism -- real news gathering and news reporting -- would seriously suggest that Fox is "news" in any way, shape, or form.

Fox News is nothing more than "Open Mic Night" in a room full of culturally insecure, frightened and naive Christian conservatives trying to earn the respect of the swaggering rich, important guys across the bar.  The rich guys drink better beer and drive more expensive cars, but the Religious Right has some really attractive sisters they bring to the ball, and that makes everyone in the room fast friends -- to the enrichment of the guys operating the microphone.

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com