[Vision2020] Count?

Don Coombs mushroom at moscow.com
Wed Nov 3 10:19:02 PDT 2010

Dan Carscallen wrote:
> Hmmm . . . some of the candidates I voted for prevailed, some did not.  This
> is one of the moments I'm glad we *don't* vote by mail, because the whole
> Murray/Rossi thing is going to take the rest of the week, if not longer.
>
> Too many things in my life lately putting things in perspective, and
> whoever's in office doesn't change that.  Know what, the sun's still going
> to come up this morning, and by the looks of it, it's going to be a
> beautiful day.

Good attitude on Dan's part.

But Washington State makes "vote by mail" look bad,
unnecessarily. All they would have to do is make
election day the deadline for having the ballots RETURNED.

Other election observations--

The Lewiston Tribune naturally had deadline trouble in
getting Latah County returns into this morning's paper,
but what did get included was strange:

A check after Shirley Ringo's name, a question mark
after Bouma/Schmidt, and for Trail/Brown, not even
their names. And no numbers at all, though I assume
there had to be some basis for the Ringo checkmark.

Then the lead on the Associated Press top-of-the-page
story was strange: Labrador was holding "a narrow,
early lead" over Minnick. In the second sentence of the
same story, Labrador is up 8 percent with 76 percent of
the precincts counted -- which strikes me as neither
narrow nor early.