[Vision2020] I'm Thrilled To Have Been Wrong!

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Wed Nov 3 09:02:50 PDT 2010

Visionaires,

As most of you know, I had some very serious doubt that Dan Schmidt would prevail over Gresham Bouma, owing to Bouma's ability, virtually unprecedented in the last decade, to form a coalition between secular (faux) Libertarians, the Kirk, and traditional evangelicals.  I was concerned that that trifecta of supporters would overwhelm even the best efforts of Dan Schmidt's campaigners, and I have been critical in the past of the Latah Democratic Party for seemingly not understanding the threat before them.

I was, quite obviously and quite wonderfully, wrong.  I couldn't be happier; I'd trade an endless well of political savvy any day  for a solid team of legislators from Latah County, and we certainly have that in Shirley Ringo, Tom Trail, and now Dan Schmidt.  I've never been so happy to have been so wrong, and I congratulate the Schmidt campaign and Latah County's Democratic Party for their efforts.  I will always regret the loss of Gary Schroeder, and I hope that we see him again in state politics.  He's someone of whom all of us can be proud.

But for now -- it's a good day.

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com