[Vision2020] Sign seen in Genesee

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 17:36:47 PDT 2010

> Looks as though GWB had a little help in the undertaking. As to the
> assertion that BHO is on record as opposing the effort, while he wasn't in
> office for these votes,he did consistantly vote to fund it.

Cutting the funding doesn't end the war. It commits us to a war
without committing any resources. In every way, it's the worst of both
worlds: it commits us to half-assing a policy or, at worst,
half-assing the end to that policy. I opposed the war in Iraq. I think
we've substantially completed our mission in Afghanistan. As a
representative, I'd vote to fund either, because half-assing it is not
an option.

> Obama has been CiC for two years now. If he really wanted us out, we'd be out. They're his
> wars now.

Gary? Let's say someone comes over to your house and sets it on fire.
In a sense, that's your fire -- congratulations, you're the guy with
the responsibility to put it out. We can talk about whether you're
doing a good job stopping the fire. But if we're talking about why
there's a fire in your house, cutting the arsonist out of the picture
is not just nonsensical, but insane.

-- ACS