[Vision2020] Sign seen in Genesee

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 10:37:20 PDT 2010

Roger --

You do know that private-donor fundraising only makes up about 25% of
Sojourners' budget, right? And about the same at ATVP?  The rest is a
mixture of state and federal grants and subsidized loans. Without
federal support, there wouldn't be a homeless program anywhere in the
triangle defined by Spokane, Boise, and Missoula.

Like it or not, Pelosi is right about food stamps: they've got the
greatest bang for their buck in terms of fiscal stimulus -- although,
unlike tax cuts, they're impossible to scale up. They're low-volume,
time-limited cash transfers to people with a high propensity to spend.
The numbers (from Moody's) demonstrating their stimulative effect are
nonpartisan.

-- ACS